Do you consider yourself as one of the best project managers in your field? Do you find it exciting creating business results in a highly technical and business oriented organization? Do you navigate swiftly in complex matrix organizations with a clear eye on the goal and do you plan for success? If you are up for the challenge, read this post and tell us why you are our new Project Manager in TSS-PMO.
Platform Management > Project Management Office > Project Management - RTC & IND
You will be part of the central project management organization in Technology & Service Solutions (TSS) with more than 60 professional project managers. As such you will be leading multi-disciplined and cross functional projects within the full lifecycle of Vestas Wind Turbines. You will be working with projects within Rotor, Tower and Controls (RTC) engineering area. The type of project may vary from concept and technology development, product development, platform development, warranty cases and service projects and will include both internal and external professionals and suppliers.
The TSS project management department is setting the standard for project management, and as project manager you will have a large and direct impact on the Vestas performance and the output from TSS. We constantly strive to develop and mature our project management organization and you will be part of this.
The position is at Vestas TSS site at Isle of Wight – UK.
The key responsibilities include:
- Budget, plan and execute projects of the various kinds
- Ensure delivery within time, quality and cost targets
- Interface with large range of stakeholders in the entire value chain
- Contribute to Project Management expertise growth
- We are looking for a project manager with broad experience in product development in a large company. Specifically you will be working with development of wind turbine blades and related technologies.
- Most importantly is that you have strong project management skills and are able to apply this to the engineering area in a cross functional organization.
- Engineering and/or business degree
- Hands on Project Management Experience
- Experience of Wind Turbine Generator development is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Experience of running integrated projects using matrix management of large multi-disciplinary teams
The candidate should:
- Be a strong communicator
- Have developed leadership skills
- Be a pro-active team player
- Be willing to travel occasionally outside of UK(depending on specific project requirements)
- Have engineering product delivery experience
- Have experience of managing global multi-cultural teams
- Be experienced in Gate Model project delivery
- Ideally have achieved recognized Project Management accreditation (preferably Prince2, but could also PMI or IPMA)
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, involvement and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment. Vestas is growing and developing, and so is the project management organization. We want you to grow with us.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 78 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 68 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 21,900 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.