Senior Environmental Consultant
Location - England/South West
Salary - £30,000 - £50,000 Depending on Experience
May Walters is a boutique search consultancy specialising in senior positions within the environmental sector.
An opportunity has arisen with our client, an expanding global multidisciplinary consultancy for an individual to join the team.
Our client is a leading global multi disciplinary with a reputation of delivering high value and complex solutions to clients. The environmental division is expanding and has an established trusted relationship with clients, delivering advisory work at a senior level.
Their UK business employs nearly 300 environmental staff based from a number of locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around service areas including; Compliance, Transactions, Impact Assessment, Sustainability and Project Finance and Product Stewardship. The extensive client base includes global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
An exciting opening has arisen for a senior consultant to work within the South West. A motivated individual is sought who is an experienced and ambitious environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance auditor and permitting specialist. The successful applicant would support an extensive network of industrial and investor clients by leading compliance audits at commercial and industrial facilities and/or supporting new environmental permit applications, permit upgrades or surrender processes.
Applications would be encouraged from individuals who specialise in either the auditing or permitting areas, but experience across both would be considered especially advantageous.
Auditing candidates would be expected to be able to lead audits of a range of commercial and industrial facilities, including large and/or complicated industrial sites assessing compliance against both current and reasonably foreseeable environmental, and health & safety legislation and recognised best practice. The candidates will need to understand the differing requirements of due diligence assessments and full operational compliance audits.
Permitting candidates would be expected to have assisted clients by drafting permit applications to the Environment Agency (and related responsible agencies), scoped, commissioned and managed required related specialist studies and lead negotiations.
- Degree or higher in a relevant discipline
- Technical competency in environmental compliance auditing and/or industrial permitting
- A NEBOSH Diploma or similar qualification and/or proven experience in health and safety compliance auditing
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- An aptitude and zest for business development would be advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- A full UK driving licence and eligibility to work in the UK
- Track record in due diligence and compliance auditing
- Track record in delivering permit applications, modifications and surrenders
- A sound working knowledge of the Environmental Permitting regime
- Delivery of complex projects on time and on budget
- Experience in leading project teams
In return, our client can offer an exceptional culture and working environment together with exposure to a variety of clients and service areas to expand your technical and market understanding
Feel free to contact Martin Higgins in confidence for further information;
email@example.com 0121 582 8863