Vacancy Title: Senior Offshore Wind Operations and Maintenance Consultant
Location: Glasgow, UK or Paris
Owing to continued growth and high demand for its services, the company is now seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to join the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team in the role of Senior Offshore Wind O&M Consultant in our expanding group. This role can be based in Glasgow or Paris and will report directly to the Asset Management Director to support in the delivery of a professional service to our clients.
The candidate will assist our clients with the development and implementation of offshore wind O&M strategy and will be involved in the setup and delivery of our clients onshore and offshore facilitates.
Ensures the projects are being delivered safely, on-time, to budget and to the required standard. The candidate will specifically undertake and oversee the following tasks:
- Strategy and development of O&M base and associated vessel strategy.
- Strategy and financial model for O&M activities.
- Identify O&M supplies relevant to the wind farm and port.
- Assessment of the wind turbine and balance of plant O&M requirements.
- Management of tendering and contracting activity.
- Operability and technical assessments.
- Implementation of O&M strategy and setup of operations.
The candidate will interface with the Business Development Team to identify leads and opportunities for the O&M team’s business development activities and the candidate will develop relationships with new and existing clients.
- Have a degree in an engineering, technical or scientific subject.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the offshore wind industry with direct experience in O&M and provision of facilities and vessels for O&M.
- Be able to demonstrate a client orientated approach to work.
- The ability to produce and review high quality reports to predefined deadlines.
- Have experience of influencing people through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of problem solving ability and initiative.
- Be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a driving license valid for use in the UK.
- Have strong IT skills particularly in MS Word and Excel.
- Be willing to travel in the UK and internationally.
- The ability to communicate in English and French both verbally and written.
- Experience managing or leading an offshore O&M facility.
- Experience working offshore.
- Experience of high value contract management.
- Management of contractors.
- Hold membership of a professional institute / society.
- Chartered engineering status.
- Have experience in a consultancy environment.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.