Vacancy Title: Wind Farm Site Manager
Location: South East England
Owing to continued growth and high demand for its services, SgurrEnergy is now seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to join the operations and maintenance team in the role of Wind and Solar Farm Site Manager in our expanding group. This role will be based in the South East of England and will report directly to the Site Management Team Leader to support in the delivery of a professional service to our clients.
- Carry out site inductions to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and 3rd party contractors.
- Clearly document all site operations from OEM, Balance of Plant (BoP) and 3rd party contractors.
- Development and management of BoP maintenance requirements.
- Development of site maintenance budget and liaison with Client to ensure all maintenance requirements are met.
- Review and approval of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS).
- Arrange meetings with client as per contractual obligations.
- Assisting Site Management Team Leader with various duties.
- Assist in the production of project operational health, safety and environmental documentation.
- Ensuring SgurrEnergy and our clients manage health, safety and environmental risks during the project.
- Liaising and interacting with customers, clients and partners to ensure that the projects needs are met.
- Management of any applicable planning condition requirements.
- Carrying out site visits and inspections, onshore and offshore, UK and global, reporting both internally and to clients.
- Keep site up to date with statutory requirements and inspections.
- Representing SgurrEnergy and our clients in meetings, forums and conferences.
- Assisting in the development of service within the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) department.
- Produce meeting requests, agendas and minutes for monthly client meetings.
- Produce daily reports from SCADA detail.
- Produce monthly operational reports of site activity.
- Liaise with asset performance (SCADA data analysis) team monthly, prior to client monthly meeting.
- The role will be based primarily on site working from the wind farm control room buildings.
- Have a minimum of HND (degree preferred) in an engineering subject.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the wind industry.
- Have experience in managing wind farm operations.
- Have a good understanding of the Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR’s).
- Have a good understanding of OEM approved written procedures.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the challenges presented by managing wind farms e.g. environmental.
- Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of statutory requirements and UK H&S legislation and planning.
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible, practical and proactive approach operational management of wind farm.
- Be able to demonstrate a client orientated approach to work.
- Have experience of influencing people through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of problem solving ability and initiative.
- Be able to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Hold a driving license valid for use in the UK.
- Have strong IT skills particularly in MS Word and Excel.
- Be willing to travel in the UK and internationally.
- Have experience in the operation of HV electrical systems, previous HV authorisations (AP, SAP) are ideal.
- Being able to demonstrate experience of other renewable technologies such as offshore wind and solar.
- Hold membership of a professional institute / society.
- Have experience in a consultancy environment.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.