Health & Safety Advisor | Cardiff | circa £35,000 + bonus & other benefits
Galahad Cade has been engaged by a forward thinking specialist manufacturing business to identify a Health & Safety Advisor to join its team of passionate Health & Safety professionals. The Health & Safety team has come a long way within a short period of time and has increased its headcount from 3 to 10 within 1 year. This is as a result of having a senior management team that is highly committed to Health & Safety matters and receptive to suggestions in the subject area.
In this role you will take ownership of all Health & Safety matters within the allocated division of a series of complex and exciting operations.
- Provide support and expert advice on all Health & Safety matters within the allocated area of operations
- Carrying out audits to ensure compliance and implementing corrective actions where deficiencies are identified
- Investigating near miss occurrences and making recommendations to prevent future occurrence
- Providing health & safety related training to first line and operational management teams to enable them drive cultural and behavioural change
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic Health & Safety professional who enjoys engaging with staff on the shop floor, as opposed to being sat behind a desk all day.
- Previous experience of working in a Health & Safety function within a high risk environment such as manufacturing, chemical processing, printing, oil & gas or other heavy industry sectors
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills to be able to influence stakeholders within the business
- Hold relevant qualifications or memberships such as NEBOSH and/or IOSH at a level commensurate with the knowledge required
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, changing and varied environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business with strong commitment to Health & Safety and we look forward to hearing from you if this opportunity sounds like a good fit.
If you need more information before submitting your application, call us on 0207 164 6614.